Ska Board: Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ska Board: Reborn

Welcome to SB:R

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Intelligent Discussion Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
-Artemis-
Admin
-Artemis-

Character sheet
Player: 2

Intelligent Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:08 pm

That's right you braindead tech junky electroheads. It's srs bzns tiem. Starting... now. Since I've been getting into GITS alot lately, I wanna discuss the possibilities of actual human cyberization. Here are my pros and cons:

Advantages: More advanced, user-friendly compatability of technology in human use. This will integrate computing electronics into the human body, making not only access of technological instruments quicker, but creating a wide amount of uses for such an accomplishment. This will improve productivity, visual confirmation, global positioning, economical activity, telepresence activity, medical observation, and information viewing. A complete cyberbrain must be compatable with at least one of the 5 senses, such as sight and hearing.

Disadvangates: Placing foreign objects into human organic matter improves the risk of the matter being damaged. Inserting objects that enable the use of cyberization puts vital human organs in danger of being pierced, infected, moved out of place, or electrocuted.

Overall, I'm not entirely sure how cyberization could be fully possible, but I think brain waves could trigger the use of certain instruments. For example, if a macine reads a certain type of brainwave related to limb movement, the computer will at as such and carry out the order given to the body part. Brainwaves can be used the same way to create an artificial interface in the vision of the eye, or sound frequency through the ear. Farfetched? Definately, but still possible.
Back to top Go down
Suoma-Sápmelaš
Newcomer
Suoma-Sápmelaš

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:14 pm

First off, man has nao 27 senses, not five. And GITS, wazzat?
Back to top Go down
-Artemis-
Admin
-Artemis-

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:26 pm

27? Last time I checked, the human body has only 5 major active senses. Sight, hearing, smell, taste, and feeling. GITS = Ghost in the Shell, a cyberpunk anime that's actually well thought out.
Back to top Go down
Suoma-Sápmelaš
Newcomer
Suoma-Sápmelaš

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:39 pm

RONG! humans has nao 27 :3

Wait, I'll list them up. Just have to find the magazine...

'k, found it. Now I need to translate them...

First off al, the well-known senses can be split up to many more and vi have more senses which we don't know we have. The senses cooperate and can even replace each other.

EDIT: Actually, fuck that. Direct translation doesn't work. >_>
Back to top Go down
-Artemis-
Admin
-Artemis-

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 2:03 pm

If you're going to dive that deep into human anatomy and senses, it would be useless. You must be talking about a diverse array of senses individually. Any computer compatable with senses that diverse probably wouldn't make much of a difference to normal activity; if you want an effective modification to senses you should do so accordingly to the major senses. In other words, creating a computer to change or enhance the senses you're talking about that build up to the fully functional human senses would be pointless, it's best to cut out the classifications and focus on the overall charateristics. If there are senses we aren't aware of yet, then this is what's holding us back from completely achieving cyberization.

By zee way, this is my Intelligent Discussion Thread face:

Intelligent Discussion Thread Picture008
Back to top Go down
Suoma-Sápmelaš
Newcomer
Suoma-Sápmelaš

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 am

*coughcamwhorecough*

EDIT: Actually, never mind. I'm unable to discuss in an Intelligent Discussion thread. D:
Back to top Go down
-Artemis-
Admin
-Artemis-

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 9:48 am

Ja, I am a camwhore. But only where it is allowed. However, this camwhore started an intelligent discussion thread that you can't contribute to correctly, so SUKKITTTT
Back to top Go down
Suoma-Sápmelaš
Newcomer
Suoma-Sápmelaš

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:29 am

It's gey to be a camwhore. :3
Back to top Go down
Acid
Acid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 1:20 pm

-Artemis- wrote:
If you're going to dive that deep into human anatomy and senses, it would be useless. You must be talking about a diverse array of senses individually. Any computer compatable with senses that diverse probably wouldn't make much of a difference to normal activity; if you want an effective modification to senses you should do so accordingly to the major senses. In other words, creating a computer to change or enhance the senses you're talking about that build up to the fully functional human senses would be pointless, it's best to cut out the classifications and focus on the overall charateristics. If there are senses we aren't aware of yet, then this is what's holding us back from completely achieving cyberization.

By zee way, this is my Intelligent Discussion Thread face:

Intelligent Discussion Thread Picture008

ARTEH
Back to top Go down
-Artemis-
Admin
-Artemis-

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:53 pm

That's muh name. Also, GB2TOPIK
Back to top Go down
Acid
Acid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Suoma-Sápmelaš wrote:
It's gey to be a camwhore. :3

Intelligent Discussion Thread Gtfocat302079
Back to top Go down
Vector
Vector

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:31 am

[halfassedopinion]Wow. An intelligent thread. Okay, first off, humans are surviving pretty well without being cyborgs. Second, if humans were meant to be cyborgs, then we we already be cyborgs, and were not, so we are not meant to bbe cyborgs. Plus,If you could just alter a person to make them stronger, eventually, everyone would end up having to convert, and then noone would have an advantage. Basicially it would just make life easier, and humans are lazy enough as it is.[/halfassedopinion]
Back to top Go down
drake53545

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 am

well as i was surfing around the net i found this thread its old but i dont know if anyone is still watching but if they are i would like to continue this very provacative discussion i find it very stimulating
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent Discussion Thread   Intelligent Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Intelligent Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1